Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
This is a fun new paranormal series that reminded me of what it would be like if Veronica Mars just happened to be investigating the paranormal world. In this case seventeen-year old Jessie helps her mom with their paranormal detective agency. Yes, she battles against demons, ghosts, and even zombies. Jessie is filled with 'tude and proud of her work. The relationship she has with her mother is one that is filled with respect even if she might have a tendency to get things destroyed while casting out a demon or ghost.

In DARKER DAYS, a box releases the seven 'sins'. One of them happens to be Lukas, a hawt guy from the 19th century, who not only has Jessie rethink her no dating rule but just happens to be wrath. It's up to Jessie to get all the sins back into the box. Along the way secrets are revealed about who she really is and how this all ties back to her family line. Plus, will she be able to handle Lukas returning to the box without breaking her heart?

What worked for me had to be the whole paranormal detective agency premise. I liked Jessie and how she handles client's 'issues'. The demon doggie scene is hilarious. I also liked the relationship she had with her mother. Her demon father was interesting though I would have loved to see more of their interaction.

The romance between Lukas and Jessie started off really slow and then took off running toward the end of the story. I was hooked and waited with baited breath to find out what would happen to Lukas. My only complaint was I kind of wanted to see more sparks between these two. I felt their attraction was a little lukewarm at the beginning. But later, I was satisfied with the turn in their relationship.

One huge plus about this series has to be the world building which is humorous at times. **Who can't chuckle at a doggie demon that has a soft spot? The characters are multi-layered with flaws and vulnerabilities. Even Jessie's friends aren't 'perfect'--like Kendra the witch who can't get her spells right.

This is the perfect new series for fans of the paranormal. Fans of Jana Oliver's THE DEMON TRAPPER'S DAUGHTER are sure to embrace Jessie and her adventures. I can't wait to read more!
Good Points
1. Think Veronica Mars meets the Paranormal World
2. Action, adventure, and romance
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account