N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
WARNING: There may be some spoilers!

Jane Williams doesn't remember anything before the age of six. The only life she remembers is going from foster and foster in the town of Helmsdale (aka Hellsdale, known for being a living hell). So when she gets a scholarship to Birch Grove Academy...
You can image that she was quite happy.
When there she immediately gets of interest of the headmitress and meets the headmitress's son's.
Lucian (aka Lucky)- Who is very attractive and "nice".
Jack- Who is sarcastic and doesn't seem to like Jane very much.
But things aren't what they seem...
A past susicide and the scholarship student before her that went off to see a mysterious uncle leave Jane wondering...
What else is going on at Birch Grove Academy?

You see the people of the town where Birch Grove Academy resides aren't exactly normal.
They are very pale.
They have strange secretive meetings in hooded clothing.
And they drink blood.

Now, I know what you're thinking.
VAMPIRES!
But they're not actually vampires. It's actually some weird genetic mutation that causes them to be like vampires. And the guys each get their own Companion, who is basically a girl that they can let all of they're blood lust unleashed on.
And Jane is meant to be Lucky's Companion.

Now, let's go on to another topic shall we!

Another thing that'a irking is the way that the story was told.
It was told in a way that the main focus was Jane, Lucky, and the blood. There were other important things! But what happened was that something would happen in the beginning, you'd forget about it, then at the end it suddenly shows up again!
For example: At one point Jane catches someone messing with her locker. She chases after them but they disapear!
This probably wasn't brought up again until around page 300.

I found this book weird and I obviously didn't like it.
But most people have liked this book so if you wish to, give it a try!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account