Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Havoc is unleased when a freshman girl goes missing in the small town of Cryer's Cross, Montana. Though Sixteen-year-old Kendall Fletcher wasn't friends with the missing girl, the tragedy wreaks havoc on her OCD.

Then someone close to Kendall goes missing. The angst causes her OCD to go almost out of control. Kendall goes through her familar routine of fixing her small classroom and notices a message scratched on the desk where both missing teens had been sitting in. She also starts hearing pleas for help. Kendall not sure if she's going crazy.

Something isn't right in Cryer's Cross and Kendall can't help but feel she has to find out what secrets are being hid by the townspeople or she'll never forgive herself.

The idea of a mysterious desk holding the secret behind some missing teens in a small town is very intriguing. Add to that a heroine who deals not only with OCD but is close to one of the missing teens, well, I had to read this story.

Kendall's OCD were described in a realistic way. I know a couple of people with OCD and just the littlest thing can trigger off anxiety to the point of needing some serious help. Kendall's daily routine of keeping the classroom in one way and her downward spiral, I felt, was very real.

I did feel that the story could have been a tad bit scarier. I admit I was hoping for a spookier tale. At the beginning I was confused over who 'We' were in this story. It took awhile before I figured that out. Also I almost wished that the mystery behind the boy's reform school had been fleshed out a little more. Wouldn't the town whisper about the past? It's hard for me to believe that everyone in Cryer's Town would have been silent, especially those who knew about the reform school's past. It seems someone would have spoken out or at least mentioned it. But that's just me.

I did like Jacian and how he set off emotions in Kendall, including guilt for even thinking of liking another boy. The emotions Kendall struggles with guilt for betraying her lost friend and how she feels around the cute new boy also trigger off her fears and anxiety. I liked how the author shows this. The chemistry between both Jacian and Kendall is one you believe in unlike with Nico which even Kendall admits has always been 'just a friend.'

The climax of this story had me sit up. Wow, I totally didn't see that coming! I loved the final revelation. I just wished there had been more suspense at the beginning. Also why did everyone just assume the new boy Jacian was behind the disapperances?

This is a quick, fast read. Not too scary but with a big twist at the end.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 3

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account