Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
The second book in the series is just as good as the others. It picks up two months into Celaena's work as the King's Champion. Celaena is conflicted being ordered to kill potential rebels for the man she hates most in the world. Though her romance with Dorian came to an end a new romance starts developing between Celaena and Chaol. Some of the King's secrets start to reveal themselves while new ones seem to develop.

Celaena's confliction places her in extreme danger if the King ever found out. As the book continues Celaena starts to affiliate more with the rebels. Her past is slowing starting to reveal itself though it's obviously still extremely painful for Celaena. As her love with Chaol continues to blossoms her old wounds finally start to heal themselves and she believes that she may be becoming a whole once more. However, when a sudden and bloody situation arises Chaol and Celaena are pulled apart forever.

This book had some excellent twists and turns that were really unexpected and sometimes even heart crushing. This suspense was awesome, it was nice to read a book that had me on the edge of my seat with twists that I could never have guessed.
Good Points
Great magic system
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account