Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
This is my favorite of Katie McGarry's books, by far. In fact, I started reading it after I was a few chapters into Dare You To (#2 in the series) and finished it seriously weeks before DYT. Crash Into You has incredible characters that you will fall in love with, a fast-paced, page-turning plot, and a sizzling romance that will quicken your heart.

Katie really delivers with this book. It is obvious that she worked so, so very hard on crafting Isaiah and Rachel's story, and all of her hard work shows on every page. The characters are interesting, a little quirky, relatable, and incredibly lovable. Isaiah is a bad boy with a good heart, and it doesn't hurt that he's sexy as sin. Rachel is a private school girl with a complicated family, an anxiety disorder, and the looks of an angel.

Characters from other books in the series make appearances when appropriate, including Noah and Echo, Beth and Ryan, Logan, and Chris. It's great getting to see them, especially Noah and Beth, from Isaiah's perspective. Secondary characters like Abby, Ethan, and West are also very strong and stand on their own enough to feature their own stories (at least for West). It's never hard keeping all the characters straight, because they're all so different and, again, you'll fall in love with them.

The plot is very well-crafted and I don't have anything bad to say about it. Not a single thing. Rachel and Isaiah first meet at a street race in the bad part of Louisville, and they run from the cops together. It's dangerous and crazy and exciting right from the start. Isaiah sort of rescues Rachel from that situation, but she rescues him as well. And he never forgets what she did for him. They get into trouble with a local baddie, Eric, who they now owe money to. At first they have to work together to get the money together and keep each other safe from Eric and his craziness. But then they start to like each other. And want each other. And sparks fly.

If you want a fast-paced romance, an urban contemporary story, and a heart-wrenching tale of self-discovery and bravery you should be reading Katie McGarry's Crash Into You!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account