N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What I Loved:

I've been a fan of Katie McGarry since her debut novel PUSHING THE LIMITS hit the shelves. McGarry's strength lies in her ability to perfectly capture each character's unique voice, make her readers feel connected to those characters, and then play out their stories against a vivid backdrop of contemporary life that feels absolutely authentic to the reader. In CRASH INTO YOU, McGarry's strengths were once again on display. The characters of Isaiah and Rachel were well developed, expertly rendered, and sounded unique from each other. This reader felt an instant connection with each, even though the characters came from vastly different situations.

The romance is a slow-building sizzle that leaves plenty of room for character development and plot, but also keeps the reader anxiously turning pages hoping for another kiss. McGarry's characters tend to approach love reluctantly but then fall hard when they finally capitulate, and Isaiah and Rachel were no different. What was different, however, was the degree of difference in their social and economic situations, and the personal demons that both had to conquer. With her trademark insight into the human psyche and an intuitive understanding of how broken hearts find healing, McGarry takes her characters, and the reader, on a rich, fast-paced journey that delivers both heat and heart.

Finally, the world building is once again superb. Who knew Kentucky could be such a fascinating backdrop for contemporary romance? The world of street racing, private schools, social workers, drag racing, and multi-million dollar fundraisers were brought to life in authentic detail. This reader enjoyed trusting herself to an accomplished storyteller and hanging on for a wild ride.

What Left Me Wanting More:

Nothing. This book hit all the right notes for me.

Final Verdict:

In CRASH INTO YOU, Katie McGarry once again delivers a rich, intriguing story full of heat, healing, and plenty of heart. Fans of contemporary romance won't want to miss this.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account