Review Detail

3.9 3
Young Adult Fiction 191
A ray of hope finally falls on this series...
(Updated: October 06, 2012)
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Thank you Netgalley and HarlequinTeen for the ARC.

Okay people,I know that you're really freaked out by the cover but I'll ask you to give this one a chance.In fact,as much as I am ashamed to admit it,the reason that I actually agreed to read/review this book even though I gave the first one a two star rating was solely because of the cover(and because I can't go on leaving a series unfinished -_-). The cover had a sort of repelling attraction on me,if that even makes sense.I guess I always like chasing after the unique ;). Well, HarlequinTeen's done a pretty good job with being unique with this cover,so a round of applause to them!

Okay,are we done with the applause?So let's get on to the main part.I won't even try to deny the fact that this book's extremely cheesy and that the characters in it are extremely immature.Seriously,forbidden love,with both the guy and the girl and going all Romeo and Juliet?Puh-leassseee!!!!I've read this so much and of course not to mention the fact that this book contains vampire romance,which makes me scrunch up my nose nowadays as if it's like some sort of garbage dump.(The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa is an exception.)
I know that you're wondering that even after complaining so much,why did I give this book a four-star rating?It's all in the writing style.The author has a way with words,which draws you inside and gives you a clear concept of what she wants you to see.It's like you know that the story's not that promising,but you just can't seem to put it down!Your traitorous mind bugs at you,and you stay up all night to finish the book in one sitting.I'm talking about my own experiences.So all you authors out there,you should really follow Melissa Darnell's example.Though it may not seem like much,but the way you write has a lot to do with what readers think of your books.Look at Covet for example.In Crave,I didn't like anything about the story.The writing wasn't that exceptional either.I honestly didn't see a four star rating coming for this one,at least not from me.But look at that!Sometimes the impossible does seem to be possible!So I'm absolutely thrilled for Melissa Darnell and have set high expectations for her.Definitely reading Consume!Who knows?Maybe she might have even more surprises in store for me.

P.S To Melissa Darnell if you're reading this review or ever come across it,I really am sorry that I couldn't enjoy Crave as much as I enjoyed Covet.But then again,people have different tastes right? :)

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account