Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Thank you Netgalley and Harlequin Teen for this ARC. I have to say that I am not a fan of this cover, at all. The girl still looks to have blond hair (Savannah's is red) and something about her expression looks "off".

Covet picks up right where Crave leaves off with the majority of the book spent dealing with the time Tristan and Savannah are apart in her effort to protect him as she continues to change. I found myself skimming a good portion because it felt like the whole "break-up" was being dragged out just a little too long. New characters are introduced as well as another "species" for Savannah and her fellow vampires to contend with. (This particular addition sounded very familiar...in a Jacob Black kind of way but with purring instead of howling.)

The book didn't really pick up for me until the last few chapters and then it felt chaotic and rushed. The ending itself also felt somewhat predictable but the book does include an excerpt from book 3, Consume which sets up as a nice cliff hanger of sorts.

*Even though I'm not a huge fan of this series, I do think it's well written and I enjoy the dual POV. Savannah didn't seem as whiny in this sequel but Tristan is still the most enjoyable character for me and I may just read the third book to see what becomes of him.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account