Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
The story of Countdown is kind of Hunger Games meets Gamer (the movie) where Kira is an unwilling participant in a game where criminals go through deadly and dangerous levels for the ultimate prize. The Network is underground and illegal, making the game high stakes and since the Subscribers love the gore, nobody cares if they survive the game or not. Kira, whose family was murdered two years ago, is paired with Rogan, a convicted murderer, so she pretty much hates him on principle. During the game, they slowly grow to depend on each other and become closer. But Rogan’s past isn’t what it is nor is the producer of the show really evil.

I loved the book until the games ended – it was exciting, hang-on-every-word, and they complete every level at nearly the last second, making you hold your breath. It’s dark and unethical and you are cursing the Network in your mind. After the game ended, however, the plot took a nosedive – the AI and the Psi didn’t really mesh well and the ending was rushed, in my opinion. I did love the writing, though, and the development between the characters; even though it was almost insta-lovey, I give it a pass for the death stakes.

Overall, a good book though it would have been better in a series.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account