Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I am NOT a fan of contemporary books, but I love this series! Rose never lets me down. The first book, Confessions of an Angry Girl, blew me away and Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend did not disappoint.

What do I love about these books? That is way too hard to narrow down into a few paragraphs. I can say that I appreciate the content. Dealing with grief is tricky for most people, and I cannot imagine dealing with the kind of loss Rose must cope with on a daily basis. It's nice to see all the angles of grief. It cannot be wrapped up with a nice little bow, and Louise Rozett does not try to do it either. That is much appreciated.

I am also googley-eyed over Rose. She is so flawed it's not even funny, yet she is so real. She has major self-esteem and trust issues, which carries over into just about everything she does. Rose is your normal teenage girl trying to fit in and stand out at the same time without ever really knowing who she is. But of course, just like in Confessions #1, she finds another piece of herself along the way. (and I must say, that piece is turning out to be pretty fierce!)

Finally, I must say that Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend has new characters that keep things pretty interesting. (That's another thing that I love about this book!) While Rose is on her road to self-discovery, there is a whole lot of drama going on in the background. The subplots are all over the place, and they all lead to the same end point. It's brilliant. I am still a bit annoyed by the older guy-younger girl romance(s) that pop up all over the place, but I try to look beyond that. (Is it really normal for a college sophmore to be dating a high school sophmore? That just seems so wrong to me... and illegal.)

If you enjoy contemporaries, you will LOVE Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend (but you need to read Confessions of an Angry Girl first). You may even be like me and not really like contemporaries, but you'll still like this one. There is something for everyone here!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account