Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Don't regret crying my eyes during the epilogue...
Good Points
If I could give it more than 5 stars I flipping would!

Where to begin? Going in I knew I was going to end up broken hearted either way, but never thought I would end up this depressed over it. Not saying it was bad, it was just the perfect ending for the series. Sucks so much that its over!

James "Jem" Carstairs, oh Jem... I just fell for him even more in this book. [ Tears started shedding when he was talking to Charlotte:

"You carry with you one of my few regrets."
Charlotte looked at him puzzled.
"I would have liked to see the baby."
...She began to cry, the tears slipping silently down her face.

His ultimate sacrifice, was finding a way to live, even if he did have to give up everything that defined who he was. In a way becoming their guardian, watching over them, but not being able to interact with them, might've been the biggest knife in the heart for him. (hide spoiler)] What can I say, perfect!

Will Herondale, the perfect character!!! (in my eyes) [Watching as Jem and Tessa prepare for their wedding, but having to stay quiet about his feelings. Then that horrible moment when he felt his Parabatai bond snap and then see the rune start bleeding, as if he needed more proof that Jem was no longer with him. It was hard to see, or read. Yes he gets the girl, but what I loved what was how he dealt with Jem's decision to become a Silent Brother, the guilt that he felt that he thought he chose Tessa over Jem. Their final goodbye in the institution was just heart breaking, he had to accept that Jem was gone. (hide spoiler)] I loved him in this book!

Tessa Gray, finally found out what & who she really is! [All that she went through, finally be happy, and then have it ripped from her hands, was tough to see. She finally had her moment where was like "Enough is enough" and stood up to the guy who messed with her life since before she was born. (hide spoiler)] I love her more than Clary!

That epilogue... That made me (lock myself in the bathroom) and cry. [When Jem picked up the violin and started playing, all those memories of them growing up, the passion that he had was portrayed in the song. Them knowing that it would be the last time they would all be together. Will's death, was perfectly written. Having the two people he loved the most be there for his last breath.

...And he sat down beside them on the bed, and taken Will's hand...
"I take your hand, brother, so that you may go in peace."
Will had opened the blue eyes... and looked at Jem and then Tessa, and smiled, and died..." (hide spoiler)]

All in all, that epilogue alone deserves 5 stars!!!! It was a perfect ending to the series!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account