Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Do you ever get that feeling where you want to finish something as quickly as you can, and you want to know the end of the story, yet it is SO good that you want it to just keep going forever? Well, that's exactly what happened to me when I was reading the Clockwork Prince.

This book, quite unlike the first one (Clockwork Angel) is action-packed and fast-moving, and will keep you hooked! But its also fabulous and not too fast when it comes to Will, Jem and Tessa.

Tessa is a fabulous protagonist, courageous, determined, but not totally without feelings (when a character is too strong and courageous and doesn't feel anything, I find that really annoying). You can understand exactly what she's feeling and it's impossible not to empathise with her. She's not afraid of putting herself in danger (okay, maybe a little afraid sometimes but that's natural). But she's still so understandable when it comes to this like insecurities about Downworlders, Shadowhunters in general, and in particular Will and Jem.

Sometimes I get frustrated with love triangles, because I know exactly who I want someone to be with, and they keep wavering. That was not at all what happened in Clockwork Prince. When she was with Jem, she was so light and happy, and I was fine with it. It seemed like the right choice. And then she was with Will, and he let his true feelings slip through, and she would forget about Jem. And then I thought as well that it was the right choice!

I won't start yammering on about what exactly happens in the plot, because for one thing, who wants to read everything that happens in the book when you can read the fabulous book itself (hint, hint), and besides, I wouldn't want to be a spoiler. The cliffhanger at the end is how you should create a proper cliffhanger, and I can't believe that we have to wait a year before it is resolved (which it hopefully will be, otherwise I will surely die). I think that Clare is trying to kill us all with suspense. I must say, that is a very effective way of torture (haha).

FABULOUS BOOK, READ IT EVERYONE!!!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account