Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Tessa receives a letter one day from her elder brother, who's in London, telling her to come and join him there. So she jumps on a boat and does. What awaits her was not what she expected...

Two women, the Dark sisters, convince Tessa that they're friends of her brother (Nate) and once they have her trapped, the story really begins. They force her to use a power she didn't even know she had: shape shifting. They make her use her gift until she is good at it. She still can't wrap her head around all this though and wants nothing more than to leave. Is her brother okay?

Then she finds out the Dark sisters are preparing her for a wedding, her wedding to someone they call the Magister. She doesn't want to marry this guy and she doesn't have to when she is saved by Shadowhunters and not just any shadowhunters but Will Herondale. Yes, every one loves him to pieces by now. Though I've only read this book and so far I like Jem better. Please don't hate me for saying that.

Tessa learns of the shadow world and everything to do with it. She finds out that she has a bigger part in this world than she ever thought. She is the key to it all pretty much. She learns she is a special warlock and doesn't take it so well. She wants nothing more than to be normal.

After lots of heartbreak and betrayals, they finally solve the problem but not without loss of life on the shadowhunter side. Also, the big bad of this series gets away at the end to set up for the other two books.

I really enjoyed this book it's a wild ride of ups and downs, happiness and scenes that rip your heart out. As usual, I love Cassandra Clare's writing and characters. She really makes the characters feel so real. Will I can see why everyone loves him so much he is pretty awesome, but he can be a huge jerk sometimes. So as of this book, I like Jem better. He is such a sweetheart and so kind. I feel for him, and wish I could make him better. It's not right he should suffer.

Overall, I really loved this book. It's so good. If you haven't read it yet, you should, ASAP! I can't wait to finish the rest of this series. I even dreamed about it one night haha.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account