Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
First off, I have just finished reading The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare and I loved that series a lot, so when I started Clockwork Angel, I had very high expectations. I was not disappointed!

It's hard, reading a six book series about shadowhunters and downworlders and getting used to the characters and bonding with them, and then start a new series with shadowhunters and downworlders, but have to get used to a whole new group of characters.

Plot:
I only gave the plot four stars because, ignoring the fact that it was very intense and shocking, it was very advanced and fast paced and I found it hard to keep up. Other than that it was very good and was surprising with a lot of changes along the way.

Characters:
Tessa - I really liked Tessa, because she wasn't vain or cliché. She was nice and thoughtful and would do what a normal person would do in the situations that she was in, which made her easy to relate to.
Will - Despite his attitude, I actually quite liked him. Not so much as Jem i suppose, but he was funny and sarcastic. I really want to find out this deep secret he had been holding on to. He was too rude for his own good at times, and I wanted someone to punch him.
Jem - Sweet Jem. I love Jem to pieces. He is sweet and kind and I want him and Tessa to get married.

I love Cassandra Clare's writing style, and I really feel like she understood the Victorian Era and how they spoke, and she grasped it completely. I love how she adds in the sass and the sarcasm into the characters.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account