Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Clockwork Angel, the much anticipated first prequel to The Mortal Instruments series, is finally here!

Set in 1878 London, we first meet Tessa, a 16 year old from New York. After Tessas aunt, and primary caregiver, passes away, Tessa travels to London to live with her brother, Nathaniel. Upon arriving to London, Tessa is surprised when two mysterious women pick her up instead of Nathaniel. She soon realizes that these women are holding her captive and seem to know where her brother is but wont tell her. Tessa has to find a way to escape and find her brother. One night, two Shadowhunters named Will and Jem rescue her. Tessa finds herself drawn to both boys for different reasons. Will is your typical bad boy. Jem is very caring and generous. It turns out that these Shadowhunters and their family might be Tessas only hope for finding her brother.

I have to be honest, I loved this book more than The Mortal Instruments trilogy (which I also loved). I just love the setting. Old time London, gentleman, ladies in dresses, etc. Plus, the book absolutely terrified me with one word: robots. Seriously, robots in the 1800s& *shudder*

I thought the pace was great, very laid back, yet kept me on the edge of my seat. I would compare Will to Jace, so if you love Jace, youll love Will! I just happened to really like Jems character. He is so thoughtful and sweet, not a bad boy like Will. It was also exciting to read about a few people/items/places that show up later in The Mortal Instruments series. And you will be *dying* to read the sequel because&well...lets just say you will, and youll know why when you finish.

Go out--run out to get this book TODAY if you love The Mortal Instruments series. Thats all for now. If I keep writing, I'll start giving things away and you dont want that. Enjoy!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account