Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
The Mortal War is over, and Clary Fray is back home in New York. She's training to become a Shadowhunter and to use her unique power. Her mother is getting married to the love of her life. Downworlders and Shadowhunters are at peace at last. And--most important of all--Clary can finally call Jace her boyfriend. But nothing comes without a price. Someone is murdering the Shadowhunters who used to be in Valentine's Circle, provoking tensions between Downworlders and Shadowhunters that could lead to a second bloody war. Clary's best friend, Simon, can't help her. His mother just found out he's a vampire and now he's homeless. Everywhere he turns, someone wants him on their side-along with the power of the curse that's wrecking his life. And they're willing to do anything to get what they want. When Jace begins to pull away from Clary without explaining why, she is forced to delve into the heart of a mystery whose solution reveals her worst nightmare: She herself has set in motion a terrible chain of events that could lead her to losing everything she loves. Even Jace. - Inside cover City of Fallen Angels

I, like everyone else who is a fan of the series, could not wait until this book came out. I was counting down the days and hoping Cassie Clare would deliver. Boy, did she ever! I was not disappointed, AT ALL.

First things first, now that Clary and Jace can truly be boyfriend/girlfriend, I was more at ease. Obviously their relationship didn't make me feel sick to my stomach anymore (heh heh). They are as close as ever and things are going great for them. Jace is even helping train Clary how to be a Shadowhunter. However, soon Jace starts to pull away from Clary, leaving her wonder what is going on and why he is behaving that way. Does he still love her? Does he still want her?

Remember a few sentences ago how I said "finally Jace and Clary can be together?" Yeah. Of course Cassie Clare has to go and bring some sort of tension between Jace and Clary. *growls* I will say this (I do not want to give away any spoilers), the Jace/Clary scenes of the book gave me goosebumps...goosebumps people!

Simon is feeling lost. His mother found out that he is a vampire and kicked him out of his house. He is 'dating' two girls, who don't know that he is dating the other, and it seems as though someone is out to kill him. He has many choices to make, but does not want to leave this life behind. I really liked Simon in this book. His character seems a bit more sure of himself. He still adores Clary, but is no longer in love with her, which is refreshing. He is trying to figure out who he is and what he has become. I love that Simon is a strong character who is not whiny or annoying.

The new villan is the book is truly terrifying. When I finally got to the part where I learned who the villain was, I shuddered, literally. Ms. Clare is brilliant at bringing nightmares to life. Goodness, I do not know how she does it!

I want to discuss more, but I can't because I don't want to give away any spoilers! If you love the other 3 books in the Mortal Instruments Series, I have no doubt that you will love this one as well. If you haven't picked it up already, go out and get it now. I give it a VERY strong 4.5/5 stars! And now I have to wait another 13 months for City of Lost Souls to come out. Oh the agony!

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account