Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Why I Loved It: Out of books from 2012, this is one of the most unexpected love-at-first-read experiences I've had. The whole cyborg thing had me off a little, if only because it's not something I have gotten into with a book, even with my love of Star Trek. However my sister read my copy and loved it. That along with raving reviews from people I trust on Goodreads and the blogging community lead me to pick up the book, open it, and give it a chance. And afterwards, I wanted to hit myself in the head with it for waiting for so stinkin' long to read it. It was incredible. INCREDIBLE! Now all I want is more, more, MORE! *Ok I will cool it on the all-caps now*

I will keep this short and sweet for you. This is a futuristic spin on the Cinderella tale. The whole cyborg thing tends to turn people off when I first bring it up, but seriously the cyborg part just adds to the story that is already incredible. It's not weird or strange or a bit distracting from the rest of the setting. It just works. So if cyborg makes you go "ehhh", trust me. Get over it and read the book.

This is one of the most creative spins on Cinderella that I have ever read. In fact, the whole story line is filled with this incredible creative energy. There is so much mystery in Cinder's past, even though I kinda figured out where we were going a bit early, that the story seems to take on a life of it's own, enveloping you, and carrying you along for the ride. Ms. Meyer's character development is phenomenal, and I especially loved what she did with the moon. And Cinder is such a lovable character: honest, loyal, and funny. I laughed a lot during the book.

The summary sounds completely sci-fi. It's really a mix of sci-fi, hint of historical, lots of dystopian, and a fantasy that drives the book.

For those who have read Cinder, remember tomorrow Scarlett comes out, the second in the Lunar Chronicles. I'm so PSYCHED! I shall provide the trailer below.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account