Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
This book did NOT let me down! Seriously, I was gripping my Nook so hard I thought I was going to break it! Ohhhh Marcello! Ohhhh Luca! Oh my! I'm totally jealous of Gabi and Lia!

I love it when a book takes me through different emotional experiences. I was happy, sad, mad, and fell in-love. I also felt the pain Gabi went through. She is one tough chic!

Would you give up what you have for love and live in the 1300's, during a time when war, sickness, and brutal punishment happened? Could you give up your home, car, internet, cell phone, iPod, hairdyer, fast food, and other wants?

*** Spoiler Below***

Gabi endures humiliation and painful attacks. She was kidnapped and used as bait to capture Marcello. She was then placed in a wooden cage that hung far in the air. She was there for over four days without food or water. Even the Nuns wouldn't help her. Gabi was their prize. She wasn't even let out to relieve herself. You can guess what she had to do, and she was humiliated even more. How much can a seventeen year old girl endure? Where was Marcello? Why had he not come for her? This had me close to tears.

Gabi wasn't the only one brought to humiliation. Fortino had also endured more than his fair share and what the enemy had done to him, broke my heart. People gave their lives for Gabi and Lia. I'll never forget them!

It pained me when this book ended. Now my heart begs to read Torrent. Come back to me Marcello! Luca! Where are you?
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account