N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Learning Value

N/A
Reader reviewed by ivree ( shawtie)

Burned 

By: Ellen Hopkins

Burned by; Ellen Hopkins is without a doubt the most exciting book I have ever read. It is about t a young girl named pattyn von stratten. Pattyn live in Carson City Nevada with her eight sisters. Brought up by a religious yet abusive family. She starts asking questions about god, a womans role, sex, love. Pattyn finds passion by falling in a deep lust with Derek but when her father catches her in a compromising position, event become out of control. Pattyn must spend the summer with her aunt Jeanette, as a punishment, while mom is taking on a pregnancy.  Yet while in feast Nevada pattyn finds love and exception, until she realizes that the demons that once held on to her do not want to let her go.    

Pattyn von stratten is a sixteen year old girl, who faces many troubles as a teenager. I can relate myself to pattyn because I started out as a good girl, always on the honor role usually the teachers pet, but once I became teenager I got wild and I dont even know why. Doing all these crazy things just to get the guys attention, and once I finally got their attention I have to I more crazy things to keep it. Pattyn does wild things and she gets caught in the act of one of the worst.  She seems to want things. Pattyn is a rebel like me.

I would recommend this book to the wild group of kids in any school throughout the nation. Most of the wild kids in our school have read it and most of them say it touched them in a way they didnt think a book could. I am one of those kids my librarian recommended this book to me and I told her thank you.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account

Latest Additions