Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
After training in Tae Kwon Do for years and achieving a black belt, Imogen does not act when confronted with a real life situation. The aftermath is devastating, and Imogen sinks into depression, weighed down by a massive amount of guilt. She's also dealing with other issues in her life that could potentially overwhelm her, all while trying to find herself again.

Imogen is an awesome character, and the way she deals with her problems is captivating and real. She has a lot of emotions and difficulties to face, and she doesn't just bounce back automatically like Superwoman; she has to work her way through her issues. Her choice at the end of the book was fantastic, and I loved that Skilton went that route. The romance in the book does not come off as overly sappy or contrived, and I really appreciated that Skilton didn't shove Imogen and Ricky together via insta-love. The storyline is interesting and the telling is well-paced; it didn't really drag painfully at any point, which is usually my problem with realistic fiction. This is a great example of contemporary fiction, and it would probably be a great addition to any public library, school library or personal YA collection.

Thank you to Netgalley and Amulet Books for the galley!!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account