N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Curren

Boys, Girls & other Hazardous Materials: by Rosalind Wiseman tells the story of Charlie Healy, a freshman in high school.  I had to read this book as an assignment.  It details Charlies (short for Charlotte) difficult journey of trying to fit in, make friends and figure out who she is.  Charlie switches to a new private school, Harmony Falls, in order to avoid her former enemies, Lauren & Ally.  She does so because those were the two girls who made her middle school experience miserable.  The author follows her journey as Charlie makes a new friend, Syndey, and reunites with her old friend Will.  Charlie and Will were friends since they were little kids and the book goes back and forth from their friendship to their relationship as more than friends.  Will is a lacrosse player and is involved in a bad incident that went too far.  Charlie knows about the incident and has to make some tough decisions about how to handle it.

I think Rosalind Wiseman does a good job describing the struggles that teens go through today.  The incidents in her book are very realistic and very much like real events happen in real life. For instance, many people have had to choose between doing what is right or living with regret for the rest of their life.  Coming from a teenage boy I could not really relate to a lot of the struggles faced by the girls in this book.  I feel that this would be a very good book for teenage girls.  However, it doesnt exactly hook me into the story as a guy.  This book was pretty good because it is a lot like teen life because there is a time in ones life where a person must choose between their friends and what is right.  Even though guys and girls go through the same struggles, the way we approach them is very much different.  Therefore, this book was kind of hard for me to read.

I would suggest this book for girls of teenage years but not for adults or boys.  I say this because the events in this book relate to the struggles of a teenage girl and the people around her.  As a guy, I didnt exactly want to read it all day.  I would recommend this book to any girl who has friend, boy, and family drama in their life.  Therefore, I would recommend this book to every teenage girl on earth.  

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account