N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Courtney Garcia

The book I read for my outside read assignment was Boys, Girls, and Other Hazardous Materials by Rosalind Wiseman. This story contains romance, drama, and also comedy. The events in this story can relate to most teenage girls and is really easy to comprehend and enjoy. This story is about a girl named Charlotte also goes by Charlie, who moves to a new private school, Harmony Falls High School. As she goes to the school, she discovers her old best friend Will is also there. The main character Charlie becomes really good friends with Will again and they begin to think of each other as more than friends. Charlies new best friend in the story is Sydney who is a really sweet girl and helps Charlie go through her struggles throughout the story. Charlie is part of the newspaper committee and Will is a varsity lacrosse player. This story contains your average teenage girl drama with the main character. However, the main conflict throughout the story is a huge mistake dealing with Will getting hazed by the seniors on his lacrosse team, but they have it taken too far. Charlie is left to chose the right decision to tell the coach about the hazing or leave it for Will to handle. The storys main conflict deals with this and Charlie is stuck in a terrible situation of not knowing how to handle it.

Coming from a teenage girl, I really enjoyed reading this book. I could not put the book down when i first started reading it. This story did not get boring at all through out the book, and because I can relate to the events in the story, I enjoyed it even more. I loved how this story seemed as if a regular teenage girl wrote it by the dialogue and tone. It was super easy to understand the whole book reading it as a teenage girl. The events in the story are so dramatic and suspenseful, and I am able to relate to them which makes it even more interesting. This book carries some romance between the main character Charlie and her best guy-friend Will, who she has known since they were in diapers. It also carries a lot of drama by Charlie and Will also, because they fight so much even though they still love each other. I love reading a book like this because I can easily relate to it, and also learn some valuable lessons from it. For example, one lesson i learned from this book is to always chose to do the correct decision, even if it will possibly lead to a negative effect on the relationship with an important person in your life. There comes a time when you are caught in a negative situation where you feel like you should speak up and say something about it, but know it will not do any good for a friend. This story contains a main conflict that deals with this and Charlie is stuck in a terrible situation of not knowing how to handle it. I was anxious throughout the whole story and constantly wanted to know what was going to happen in the next chapter because I was so interested. 
This story is such a great book for teenage girls to read. However, teenage girls would probably be the only readers to enjoy this book. I would not suggest this book to any guy or adult  because it contains events that relate to teenage girls. This book may be interesting to girls of a younger age also who are just getting ready to be a teenager. I loved this book because it relates to me so well with the friends, boys, school, and family. This book was easy to read for me and I was not able to put the book down once I started reading it. I recommend this to any girl who has drama, boys, and friends going on in their life which is pretty much every teenage girl!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account