Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I fully expected not to like Born Wicked. In fact, I wasn’t even going to read it until I started seeing awesome reviews for it pop up all over the place. Now, I’m not normally so judgmental about a book. I’m usually pretty easily swayed, actually, but historical fiction is not usually my thing. It’s one of the two genres I kind of avoid like the plague.
Boy am I glad, I gave this one a try.

I love that it actually takes place in an alternate history where the Brotherhood is in charge. I love world-building, so I still got a taste of that which was nice.

I rather liked Cate, although she did get on my nerves sometimes. I know she had a lot of responsibility hanging over her head, but her indecisiveness kind of drove me nuts at times. Paul was…ugh. I did not like Paul. He could be nice sometimes, but overall he was full of himself and so, so annoying.
Then, there was Finn. Oh, Finn. I don’t usually fall easily for YA guys, but I am definitely head over heels for him. He has freckles, glasses, and unruly hair. All things I love. Plus, you know, he loves books. Seriously, read this for Finn if nothing else.

I loved the flow of the story too. I never really felt like I was in the dark, but new revelations kept popping up at the perfect time. Every time I learned something new it completely sucked me back into the story.

The Nutshell: I absolutely loved Born Wicked. If you’re afraid of historical fic, please don’t write this one off. The alternate history provides enough world-building that you won’t be bored (as I usually am). I’m really not sure what more I can say besides this is definitely worth the read. And Finn. You should definitely read it for Finn.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
October 19, 2012
I loved Finn! Can't wait until Star Cursed!
1 results - showing 1 - 1