Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Where Nightshade had me blushing from all of the sexual tension, and Wolfsbane had my head reeling from information overload, Bloodrose had me blushing, reeling and sobbing uncontrollably as I held on to the edge of my seat, not daring to breath as I unravelled the remaining secrets of the war between the Searchers and the Keepers and what that meant for Calla, Ren, Shay and the Guardians.

Calla was back in full force. Emotionally wrecked and feeling like she had abandoned her pack in Wolfsbane, finding Ren seemed to have brought her the strength she needed to become the leader her pack deserved. She put both boys in their place, claiming her position of dominance and her title of alpha over both of them until she was able to choose her mate - a choice she decided was best left until after the war was over. Other then a couple of moments of weakness, Calla was able to stand by her decision and focus on the tasks at hand, and I loved watching her resume her role of someone who was able to fend for herself, without needing someone else to tell her what to do or hold her hand while she did it. She was strong, fierce and determined.

"I don't need you...But I want you...If I needed you, I wouldn't be me."

I also loved having Ren back. His interactions with his new-found sister Adne were adorable, and I love how fiercely protective of her he became so quickly. The sexual tension between him and Calla was as palpable as ever, and the pack's reaction to his return brought back the family dynamic I had admired in Nightshade. I still don't like Shay, but he did grow on me slightly. His arrogance was mostly gone, replaced with something resembling humility over his status as the Scion. His attempt to make Calla's choice for her had me outraged, and I completely understood Calla's anger with his cowardice. The Searchers all grew on me as well, and I found myself cheering for Connor and Adne and holding my breath when it looked like Adne had been fatally injured.

I'm not going to get in to details over the ending. I know there's some people who feel like Cremer took the easy way out, but when I think about it, I can't picture a more perfect ending. Yes I'm devastated over the death of one of my favourite characters and yes I'm devastated over the fate bestowed upon Calla and her pack, but in a way I can see how things have come full circle and I am left with a feeling of satisfaction. I think Bloodrose was a fantastic ending to a wonderful series and I can't wait for the prequel series to be released so I can jump back in to the world of Guardians, Keepers and Searchers!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account