Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Bloodlines by Richelle Mead was an interesting read - it is so very different from the Vampire Academy series. At first it was a bit slower on the action, but the last third of the book completely makes up for the lack of action at the beginning. It was intense and I quite loved it. I am intrigued to see where Richelle Mead will go next.

I love the characters. Readers really get to know Sydney better in Bloodlines, which makes sense as it is her book. She is such a fun character - spunky and serious. You also see another side of Adrian in Bloodlines, which was pretty awesome.

Some of the plot was a bit far fetched for me. There are these tattoos that all the students are getting to enhance their abilities and it just seemed a bit odd to me. I had a bit of trouble buying completely into it. That aside, the rest of the book was completely kick butt awesome. There was such a mystery readers had to try to solve.

I am curious to learn more of the alchemists world. While Richelle Mead lets readers see a little more in Bloodlines, she's pretty close-mouthed about the issue so I hope to learn more in The Golden Lily and the other books in the series. I just find the organization so fascinating and want to know more about them.

Bloodlines was a pretty solid start to a new series from Richelle Mead. I cannot wait to follow up with the story, especially after the ending that Richelle Mead leaves readers with. It is a complete firework! I was left with my mouth wide open. In a way, I'm a little happy I waited so long to read Bloodlines since I have The Golden Lily right on hand.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account