Review Detail

4.7 11
Young Adult Fiction 162
Interesting new twist on the "vampire" genre.
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
When I received this book I was a bit nervous because I have not read any of the Vampire Academy series. However, I was only slightly confused in the first couple of chapters and was actually able to catch on really quickly! I enjoyed the writing style, the characters and the storyline very much.

Sydney is an extremely strong character. She wants to please her father, even though he never gives her praise even when she does a good job, and protect her little sister, Zoe, from having to join the Alchemist. When the Alchemist sends her on a new mission, she is a bit worried because she will have to live with a vampire. And that is something the alchemist just do not do. Sydney handles it well though and actually starts to befriend the vampire, Jill, and I really enjoyed reading the interactions between the two of them. I also thought all of the secondary characters were strong as well and not just thrown in for good measure. It made sense that they were all in the story. They were not there for show, or to fill space. I especially adored Adrian. His character was mysterious and very likeable. I could not wait for the scenes where Sydney and Adrian were together.

I have to say that this book made me very curious about the Vampire Academy series and I am now looking forward to picking up the first book of the series and getting started. If that series is as good as this spin off, I'm sure I'll love it!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
June 24, 2013
definitely a want to read
1 results - showing 1 - 1