Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I have yet to read a dystopian I don’t like, and this was no exception. However, this stood above all other dystopians I have read (even Divergent)! I was quickly sucked into this devastating world where things went from worse to wicked in a heartbeat! Blood Red Road is one wild ride! There is never a dull moment as the pages fly by in absolute frenzy.

The premise of the story is pretty simple. Saba’s twin brother is taken for reasons you discover along with Saba as the story is told. Saba is determined to get him back, no matter what it takes. Up until this point in her life she has been a follower, but boy does that change! As the reader we get to see Saba transform into this strong and capable woman. If you like character development you won’t be disappointed with Saba!

You will not believe the things Saba encounters on her voyage to rescue her brother. Her first obstacle is taking care of her little sister Emmi, but that is just the beginning. Just when you think she has reached the worse of things, you are proven wrong! The characters she meets along the way are an integral part of the story. While the main focus of the story is adventure, the introduction of Jack brings just a touch of romance. No worries, there is no “insta” love in this book! Poor Jack really has to earn his way into Saba’s heart!

I finished this book last night, but I can’t stop thinking about it. The next book in this series, Rebel Heart, comes out in October 2012. You better believe that it will be a pre-order for me!! I have a feeling I will be reading anything written my Moira Young! Blood Red Road was heartbreaking, heart-wrenching, and heartwarming all at the same time. I suggest you go out and read this immediately!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account