Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
hey say ‘live every day as if it’s your last’ – but you never actually think it’s going to be. At least I didn’t. The thing is, you don’t get to know when it happens. You don’t remember to tell your family that you love them or – in my case – remember to say goodbye to them at all. But what if, like me, you could live your last day over and over again? Could you make it perfect? If your whole life flashed before your eyes, would you have no regrets? Or are there some things you’d want to change...?

February the 12th, Cupid Day. Sam's favourite day ever. Her friends and herself get the last parking spot in the Senior alley, gets a ton of roses from her friends and boyfriend, Rob. She goes to an awesome party and gets super drunk. But on the way home, the car she is in is hit by something and the car goes flying into the woods. Sam is dead. But the next morning she wakes up in her bed and finds herself alive, but the day is exactly the same, February the 12th. She has to live the day of her death over and over for seven days.

This book has the same idea of Groundhog day, and even Sam thinks that in the book. Each day has different things happen, minor differences. On some days Sam is just the same, others she is plain mean, but near the end, things change for her. This book is like Groundhog Day as she becomes a better person, but more about just accepting what has happened and how to change the things you have done into something a whole lot better.

At first Sam is a mean, popular, senior girl. Her life in her eyes is pretty much as good as it gets. She has three great best friends, a great boyfriend and she is really pretty. But after the first day, her views start to change. I didn't like Sam very much at the start but as the book wore on, she saw what was really happening. I liked the ending, it was sad but amazing.

The way it was written with the days as parts of the book, and that were things that happened under little subtitles. I thought that was a pretty cool idea. I also liked how some parts were written in the view of Sam's 'angel', and others as the Sam that is living it.

This book is truly stunning, but it is not for younger readers as their quite strong themes. But other than that, I totally recommend it to all readers.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account