Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
This was a great story. Reading the description, I didn't know what to expect. What I got was a compelling and beautifully told paranormal mystery.

The town of Gatlin was very well-written. I could picture this small town with its variety of characters and very interesting history, which you find out a lot about. It was a great setting for this darker tale.

The story itself was mystifying and kept my interest throughout the whole book. While the idea of Casters, as they are called in the book, might not be totally original, the mythology behind it was very well thought out. It felt like the authors knew where the story was going at all times, even if the reader didn't (which I know I didn't).

The characters really stood out to me. It was nice seeing things from Ethan's perspective. He's lived in this town where nothing has ever happened before all his life, and now there's this new girl that completely throws him and the whole town off guard. It was cool seeing how he reacts to and slowly falls for Lena. I really liked Lena too. She was strong and different, someone you sympathized for and wanted to root for. The other characters were also complex and great to read about.

Overall: A great start to a series that I think will just get better and better. I can't wait to see what's in store for the next book!
Good Points
Great, well-plotted story
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account