N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Brenda

This is a modern retelling of Beauty and The Beast. Kyle is rich, handsome and nasty. Then he has an encounter with a witch, Kendra and is transformed into The Beast. So he goes into hiding in his castle/brownstone until a thief breaks in and hurts his roses. The thief offers his daughter instead of jail, not just for rose mauling; he has drugs. So Lindy comes to live with The Beast and you know the rest of the story. (Yes, Be our Guest kept playing in my head as he readies the brownstone for Lindy.)

The writing is good; its just that theres nothing new here. Rich nasty parentally neglected guy has duo transformations and finds poor parentally neglected girl. If Im going to read a modern retelling of an old story I want something new and different to keep my attention. The continued involvement of the witch isnt enough to do it. I did love the occasional interludes of transcripts of a chat for Unexpected Changes monitored by Mr. Anderson (Hans Christian I assume) that had a mermaid/human, a frog/prince and a bear/human. That was great and different, and I wish there had been more of that. That was enough to raise my rating from a 2 to a 3.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account