Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
BATMAN: NIGHTWALKER is all about Bruce's lifestyle before becoming Batman. With his parents dead, Bruce has come into a lot of money after his eighteenth birthday, but money isn't everything. Bruce finds himself wanting to do more to help his community. He doesn't like sitting on the sidelines while a murderous gang called the Nightwalkers is so active.

After participating in a car chase against the police's commands, Bruce finds himself forced to do some community service at Arkham Asylum. Here, he meets an inmate named Madeleine. She won't talk to any of the detectives, but Bruce seems to capture her attention enough that she'll speak to him. Only him. Because of this, Bruce feels like he is the only one who can help bring an end to the Nightwalkers. Madeleine knows something about them, but can Bruce trust her words or are they just all lies?

Marie Lu's writing never ceases to amaze me. It's captivating and colorfully descriptive. I'm not a huge fan of Batman, but Marie Lu just convinced me that I should be. I loved Bruce's story and am excited for the next in the DC Icons Series: Catwoman by Sarah J. Maas.

Final Verdict: This is a series that no fan of DC, Batman, or superheroes in general will want to miss. I would highly recommend this one since it's such a fantastic read.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account