Review Detail

4.1 7
Young Adult Fiction 456
Bad Taste in Boys (A Room with Books review)
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Bad Taste in Boys was so fun!

I wasn’t entirely sure what to expect going into this. I’d heard good things back when it was published, but it didn’t make its way onto my TBR for quite a while. I don’t quite remember what exactly pushed me over the edge, but I’m extremely thankful for whatever it was!

This was a really quick read. I would have finished it all in one night were it not for my pesky bedtime. It is only 201 pages, but that’s not the only reason it’s such a quick read. It really pulls you in and doesn’t let you go. I’m surprised I was even able to put it down last night!

I suppose you want to know why it was so unputdownable now, don’t you? First, I completely fell in love with Kate. She was geeky and proud, but she also had a feminine side she was proud of. She wasn’t totally extreme one way or the other either trying to hide her love of science or hide herself behind medical books. I really enjoyed that she was a strong, well-rounded character. Surprisingly, I found the side characters to be well-written as well. I say “surprisingly” because you would almost think the book was too short for that, but Harris handles it well.

The Nutshell: This is a zombie book even zombie haters can appreciate. There are a few flesh-eating scenes, yes, but it’s really not all that bad. I actually found myself laughing out loud quite a few times. Bad Taste in Boys is a short, quick read that’ll both have you laughing and hanging off the edge of your seat. The characters and story are all executed fantastically and I highly recommend this book. I can’t wait to see what Harris has in store next!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account