Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
When I first read Bad Girls Don't Die, I remember how creepy the story was. I couldn't wait for another book in this series.

As Dead As It Gets follows Alexis after the violent death of Lydia Small. Alexis isn't a stranger to the dead. She also had a run in with one that took over the body of her sister's doll. Now though Alexis is being blamed for Lydia's death. She just wants to be normal and let the past be just that. But then the ghost of Lydia shows up.

Not good.

There's a lot more to this tale than just one ticked off ghost, who happens to blame Alexis for her death. Yellow roses are showing up after other girls go missing. And then there's Jared, who has his own secrets.

This book is creepy, scary. Alexis can see the dead through photos she takes. The writing is engaging with a twisted Six Sense feel. What I really loved was how the author was able to weave in the other previous books back story in this tale without it holding the story down. Alexis is vulnerable with scars from her violent past. Jared is also creepy in his own way as the controlling new boyfriend with his own secrets. I even liked Lydia, the ghost. At first she comes across as bitter and evil but later on you find she has her own baggage.

An engaging paranormal tale that left me wanting more. Highly recommended for paranormal lovers like me!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 11 2

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account