Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Asunder continues the story of Ana, a Newsoul, the first one born in thousands of years among the people of Heart, but in this book, she is no longer alone. Other newsouls are being born to replace the souls that disappeared during the chaos of the last book, when there was Templedark. Many people hate Ana and the newsouls, but others stand by her and defend the new people. Still, it's hard being the odd man out when everyone has known each other for centuries; it makes life a little difficult when you're experiencing things that other people have experienced time and time again.

I think Meadows handles Ana's youth and inexperience very well, and she is a likable character who is easy to relate to. She's a lovely female protagonist who doesn't have to rely on being awesome at fighting in order to garner praise. Not that I'm against a tough action-girl, I just like it when a female character appears who doesn't have to prove her worth through battle. Sam is still fantastic in this book, and I love the relationship between him and Ana so much. Other new characters are also lots of fun, and the plot is riveting and well-paced. I recommend this book to teens and adults who are into dystopians, sci-fi and fantasy. This trilogy is one of those YA must-haves for any Young Adult section at a library!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account