N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
5/5

Asunder broke my heart, mended it, then shattered it again. My heart's current state: pieced together in all the wrong places. Just like in Incarnate , Jodi Meadows has somehow put music into words. I loved everything about this book. The story, character, world - just everything.

After Templedark, Ana was discriminated more than ever in Heart, some people even tried to physically attack her. However, she handled everything perfectly. Ana's one of the purest characters I've ever come across and her kindness and selflessness was reflected in her every action. She's not perfect (evident in what she did to Meuric back in Incarnate), just a very good person. Although she continues to struggle with the effects of her cruel upbringing, she slowly learns and grows with her experiences and the encouragement of Sam and her other friends.

Talking about Sam, I know I've said this before in my review of Incarnate , but his sensitivity and love of music really sets him apart from the typical buff, tough and rough guys found in YA books. It's interesting that not only is he helping Ana develop, but she is changing him for the better too. Being with Ana made Sam realise that he was capable of so much more than just making music, that he can be brave and strong. This mutual development strengthens their relationship and made it all the more endearing.

It's hard to describe the plot without giving spoilers but basically, it felt like I was thrown a whole bunch of puzzle pieces and as the story progressed, the pieces fitted themselves together. Mystery practically radiated from the book and the end was completely satisfying. The truth about Janan and reincarnation would be revealed, be prepared. Moreover, I loved the part about sylph. I won't say how everything is linked, but the ending (concerning sylph) really broke my heart.

Wherever the story goes from here, I just can't wait to find out. Jodi Meadows have the amazing ability to end off with a hooking conclusion without needing some crazy cliffhanger. You'll get a partial sense of closure so you wouldn't die from shock. I am definitely thanking her for not temporarily killing my mind like other authors with their cliffhangers. So now my wait for the finale of the trilogy begins. 2014 simply cannot come soon enough.

- Adel
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account