Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Incarnate was hands down the most unique book I read last year. It had dragons, fantastical equivalents to iPhone's (the SED), music, reincarnation, music, a mysterious higher power, a masquerade ball, music, and a to-die-for hot guy. Seriously, you can’t get any cooler than that. And while I had a couple issues with it, mostly concerning unanswered questions, I loved it and went into Asunder with high hopes and a long list of questions. I was so happy to discover that what awaited me exceeded my expectations and answered every single question, while raising even more.

I liked the plot even more in Asunder than in Incarnate, because now that Ana has come to terms with who she is and learned more about the secrets of the temple, she’s putting her knowledge to good use. One problem I had with her in the first book is that she seemed kind of whiny, but not anymore!

Oh Sam. You’re amazing! Even though Ana pushes you around sometimes, you’re amazing. You might even make mistakes that bug me, but that’s okay. I still think it’s weird that you used to be a girl, and were in love with a bunch of other people, and still claim that you’re in in love with Ana, but actions speak louder than words. You treat Ana like a gem. You respect her and protect her and I love that about you. But if you stop it with Ana, I’m still available.

*ends swooning over fictional boy*

I love the symbolism in each of these books. Incarnate was obviously butterflies, and in this one it’s roses. That symbolism is played throughout the story. The way the roses came into play was very interesting, and made me curious as to what symbols we might find in Book #3.

I loved learning all the mysteries behind the Sylph, Janan. and the Temple. My jaw was literally dropping as I read. I’m still trying to figure out some things, but I think it’ll take until Book #3 comes out for anything to be settled. Seriously, my head is still spinning and I read this a month ago!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account