N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What I Loved:

Basically everything. I really enjoyed Incarnate--lyrical prose, swoony romance, and an intriguing world--and was hoping for more of the same (and then some) in Asunder. I got my wish.

My favorite part of this series is Ana. Viewing this old world through her new eyes is fascinating, and it became especially clear in Asunder that because she didn't have hundreds of years of former lives under her belt, she was able to see solutions that the old souls missed. She really stepped up to the plate with courage and intelligence, and those moments were made even more poignant by the emotional fragility she still feels.

The romance continues to be swoonworthy, although there are definite obstacles. Some of those obstacles came from within the relationship, but many came from without which brings me to the next thing I loved about Asunder: the world. If I found the world of Heart and Range to be fascinating in Incarnate, it was doubly intriguing in Asunder. Many of the questions I had at the end of Incarnate were answered, and even more were raised. I felt fully satisfied as a reader while still longing for the third and final book.

Finally, I loved the stakes. I can't discuss them without spoiling the book, but let me tell you this: if you think you know why the temple has a heartbeat and why Ana is despised, you have NO IDEA. The truth is chilling and compelling and I just couldn't read fast enough!

What Left Me Wanting More:

Nothing except the fact that we have to wait another year for the final book in the trilogy. This was one of those perfect-for-me books.

Final Verdict:

Beautiful prose, a well-built world, high stakes, and a heroine worth cheering for make Asunder a lovely sequel to Incarnate. If you haven't given this series a chance, I highly recommend it.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
May 16, 2013
i want to read this book an incarnate so bad
1 results - showing 1 - 1