Review Detail

Kids Fiction 505
So much fun!
Arlo Needs Glasses has to be one of the cutest picture books I have ever seen. I'm not just saying that because the fuzzy dog is wearing some pretty rad glasses, or because my 5 year-old son came home from VPK talking about this book and insisting that I get a copy right away. (Ok, that does have something to do with it.) But honestly, I just think it's darling.

I wear glasses. My dad wears glasses. So does my husband and just about everyone in his family. My kids will probably wear them too. I still remember my first pair of glasses and how awful they were. I refused to wear them. I preferred to fail science than to wear those tortoise shell coke bottles. It is such a horrible feeling for kids. Arlo Needs Glasses handles the life changing event of getting glasses in a fun way, which makes the young readers realize that wearing glasses isn't so bad. (Did I also mention that this book promotes reading as a fun past time too? Bonus!)

This is a very fun read for younger kids. As I read it to my son (and he read it to me and my mom), we had fun playing with all the interactive pages. (Our favorite was trying different style glasses on Arlo and reading all the funny dog related book titles.) Next time you are at the library, check this one out! It won't disappoint.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account