Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Anatomy of a Boyfriend is one of the most honest books I've read out there that deals with the main character's sex life. In addition to being honest, Daria Snadowsky manages to write a story that is painfully realistic when it comes to love, sex, and relationships.

I read this one the first time when it came out in paperback in 2008, so it was interesting to do a reread again now before I went on to read its sequel.

While I wouldn't say Anatomy of a Boyfriend is overly grapic, Daria Snadowsky does not hold back or drop the black curtain when it comes to sex scenes like many books of the genre do. The scenes in the book don't cross the "line". It is one of those books that I think a lot of teens could benefit from - it lays out information from them that they may want. I love the realistic portrayals of relationships not only between Dom and Wesley, but also Amy and her different conquests.

Readers get a pretty real constant stream of consciousness from Dom - we she thinks, you know. I loved that real - again it is another instant where there really is no barrier between the reader and the story. Anatomy of a Boyfriend really is one of those honest, real books that I would recommend for teens to read.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account