N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Yan

Told in a melancholy mood throughout, The Anatomy of Wings had an almost lyrical tone. It wasnt quite hard to imagine it as a poem, with its short and powerful sentences. Beautifully written to say the least.

The transition of Beths utter demise and total breakdown was well crafted, the clues helping to move along the story. When I first read the novel, nothing made sense; it was too much to handle all at once. But after settling down for a few minutes and recollecting my thoughts, I found myself actually enjoying it somewhat.

What had forced me from giving this a higher grade was the fact that it had too much going on at the same time. It was much too random, too confusing to completely stay focus to the main plot, which to this point Im still not sure what is was. It started out with Beths funeral, then it moved to Jenny losing her singing voice and trying to reclaim it, next came the boys anatomy, which was also random within itself, and finally to the stories behind each member of the community. Stir and repeat. However, I have to admit, some of the stories were captivating and engrossing.

I just have to mention that Beths character developed wonderfully. I just cant seem to explain why&Also, Jenny sounds so much older than she actually is. She's supposedly 10 but sounds to be in the later teens.

Overall: This book I have a feeling was written to be re-read. The first time everything was too disjointed, but I believe that the second read will be much more pleasant. So would I recommend this book? Im not too sure actually. The best I can say is that whenever you have some free time, just try to reach to the two hundredth page. Take small intervals time to time to help you keep interest in this story because it was quite hard to continue reading.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account