N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Bookluver-Carol

Before this all happened, the closest I'd ever come to getting physical with a guy was playing the board game Operation. Okay, so maybe that sounds pathetic, but it's not like there were any guys at my high school who I cared to share more than three words with, let alone my body.

Then I met Wes, a track star senior from across town. Maybe it was his soulful blue eyes, or maybe my hormones just started raging. Either way, I was hooked. And after a while, he was too. I couldn't believe how intense my feelings became, or the fact that I was seeingand touchingparts of the body I'd only read about in my Gray's Anatomy textbook. You could say Wes and I experienced a lot of firsts together that spring. It was scary. It was fun. It was love.

And then came the fall.

Anatomy of a Boyfriend was more like a textbook version of how your first love can be. It didn't really explore the emotions of a first love but it did explore of what can happen.

The characters were pretty good but you don't really feel for them. Dominique was a decent character and easy to relate to, but I didn't really care about her. Her emotions didn't jump from the page and touch you. And she was too obsessive over Wes.

It didn't really feel like a first love book, probably since it didn't focus on the character's emotions. It was more like a book on how to have sex than a romance book, or a book about first love (at least that's how it felt to me).

The plot was really good and it was well-paced. The ending was predictable and you know how it's going to end when you are 1/4 into the book. Some parts of the book were boring and I had to put the book down several times.

I had mixed reactions over this book. Some of the book was really good and there were a few funny moments, but then the book was boring at times and read like a textbook. I would recommend it, but know that it doesn't explore the emotions of a first love just the physical stuff,and there are a LOT of mature scenes.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account