N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by ambeen

Ive heard this book described as being similar to Judy Blumes Forever. I havent read Forever (although I did pick it up one time at a used bookstore), but if its like Anatomy, or better, then I definitely want to read it. I had originally planned to read both and do a sort of comparison review, but that was back when I had more time. So Im just another reviewer who cant truly comment on any parallels.

It is a more realistic portrayal of a teenage romance than youd find in most YA. Its quick, interesting, and at times, laugh out loud funny. I dont really have much to say by way of traditional review, so Ill just respond to a couple of things Ive seen in other reviewers reviews.

One thing Ive consistently come across is that everyone sees Wes as the bad guy or "douche" as one friend summed him up. I really didnt see any of this douche-y behavior. Sure he seemed a little jerky at times and the way he broke up with Dom was the ultimate douche-tacular display; however, Dom annoyed me more. She was obsessive, clingy, and downright bitchy at times. I have never been in a serious (or semi-serious as this relationship seemed) relationship, but please dont tell me this is normal behavior. While I disliked Wes method of breaking up, I dont blame him. I think that was the strongest thing in the novel for meI understood both sides of the relationship. I didnt blame one more than the other for the eventual demise of their relationship. I think Snadowsky struck this balance perfectly because lets face it, not all break ups are easy to pinpoint the blame on one person.

The second issue that Ive seen in reviews is the graphic sexual content. I seriously thought that these other reviewers were just exaggerating. Come "Part II" though, I was like, "whoa!" I was really surprised at how graphic it was. I dont mind that stuff because I was reading Harlequin at 15/16. For a YA novel though, it was a little shocking. It struck me as bordering Harlequin graphic, only awkward. So if anyone is worried about the graphic sexual scenes, just know that it is more awkward than sensual. Its very realistic and not Hollywoods glamorized version of what sex is.

So to wrap this up, I liked it!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account