N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Sara

From inside cover: Riding a bike is only one of the many things Audens missed out on. Even before her parents divorce, she was cast in the role of little adult, never making waves, focusing on academics to please her demanding mother.
Now shes spending the summer before college in the tiny beach town of Colby with her father and his new wife and baby. A job in a trendy boutique introduces her to the world of girls, their friendships, conversations, romances. And then theres Eli, an intriguing longer. A former star on the bike circuit and a fellow insomniac, Eli introduces Auden to the nocturnal world of Colby. Together they embark on a quest: for Auden, to experience the carefree teenage life shes been denied; for Eli, to put a tragic episode behind him. Combine two lonely people with a charming beach town and an endless supply of long summer nights, and just about anything can happen.

Favorite characters, quotes/lines: Auden: I really related to her in many ways like her no-nonsense attitude and the fact that she got things done, without anyones help. I can definitely relate to that in ways. But in other ways I am like the girls that she was slowly learning about. Eli: I felt like he wasnt in the book as much as some of Dessens past love interests, but I loved when he was in passages.

When I finished this book I felt: I felt like this book was more mature than some of Dessens past books. It may have been that the main characters were older, or maybe it was simply the content. Either way, I liked that about Along for the Ride.

Other books to read by this author: The Truth About Forever, This Lullaby, Just Listen, Lock and Key, Dreamland, Keeping the Moon, That Summer, Someone Like You

I would recommend this book to: fans of Sarah Dessen and Young Adult literature with a romantic plot line
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account