Review Detail

4.9 3
Young Adult Fiction 627
I’d spend all my yesterdays reading this book!
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Oh my! This is what a true time travel story should be about.
The suspense, the confusion, the puzzled pieces that start to fit together, the world building, the character development (both in the past and the future)… Should I really tell you how much I loved this story? It was absolutely AMAZING! It blew my mind, so of course I loved it!

I’d spend all my yesterdays reading this book :) only to feel this joy with which it filled my heart, because there’s nothing better than finding a new favourite book – and this one here is a keeper.

I love the concept of time traveling, still it’s usually hard to find a good book that touches this subject. So, why “All Our Yesterdays” worked for me you wonder?
Well, it doesn’t spend a lot of time explaining how things work, but the details it gives seem believable. Also, the connection between present and past is really strong – the characters are completely different now, you see how time has changed them, but you also feel the need to see why is it that they changed so much, how wrong did things turn out for them in the time between, and how the future selves might make things better.

What I loved the most is that the characters are flawed, they make mistakes, but they have also depth; they fight for the right things, but they still have a heart to lead them. They seem real and they question the things they need to do, they fear the possibility failure (they can even accept it) and they simply want to make things better for each of them. I loved them all and it pained me to see how unfair life can be sometimes, and how easily some beautiful things can break into thousands of pieces just in an instant.

The decisions are hard to make, the plans go wrong more than right, there are turnarounds after turnarounds and even though you might feel that things don’t add up, in the end you will see that they actually do.

Conclusion: I loved it!
Review originally posted at: http://www.readingaftermidnight.com/cristin-terrill/review-all-our-yesterdays.html
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account