N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Jared

Before picking up Eagle Strike by Anthony Horowitz, I hadnt read an Alex Rider book for about three years. After the first couple of chapters, I remembered why I loved these stories so much. Eagle Strike picks up where Horowitz last book Skeleton Key left off. Alex is supposed to be taking a break from the action-packed life of being a teenage spy, however, a run-in with a past enemy, Yassen Gregorovich, forces Alex to relinquish his vacation time to save the world once again. An extremely famous, but extremely crazy man named Damian Cray, has a plan to destroy a large portion of the Earth, for his own ridiculous reasons. In an attempt to distract the public eye while he puts his plan into effect, Cray invents an unbelievably realistic video game that is eventually turned into a real life simulation that Alex must defeat. The books final scene takes place on Air Force One, but not wanting to give away the ending, thats as far as Ill go. All in all, I felt that this was a great read, the various moments of suspense kept me on the edge of my seat with each turn of the page. I hope to read the next book in the series, Scorpia, as I can only assume that it is as good as, if not better, than Eagle Strike.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 1

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account