Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Why did I wait so long to read this? This was amazing, and it easily became one of the best books I’ve read so far this year. I guess the reason I kept putting it off was because I’m not really a Sci-Fi reader. Generally, I dislike Sci-Fi books. I’ve only found a couple ones from this genre that I enjoy. This is one of them.

Beth Revis is a talented author. The story was smooth, the descriptions so vivid I could almost swear I was there. You could feel everything the character was feeling: all the pain, the happiness, the frustration, that eerie feeling that something’s gone horribly wrong, everything. The plot was about as realistic as a fictional plot can get, filled with twists, unexpected turns, and startling uncovered truths that kept you reading, never wanting to put the book down. Honestly, I thought I had the suspect figured out. I thought I knew what was going to happen. But you know what? I was wrong. The ending was unexpected and satisfying, and I can’t wait to read the sequel.

I love how it was told from the POV of two very different characters – one character from Earth, and one who was born on the ship. It was interesting, and a nice touch. Unlike some books, the characters don’t just sit there and do nothing. They look around for answers. They don’t whine. They deal. If I had to choose something I liked most about this book, that’d be it. The character’s independence.

Although, if my friend hadn’t shoved her copy at me and literally locked me in a room until I finished reading it, I probably wouldn’t have bothered picking this up. However, once I did, I’m actually a little glad I read it. I can’t stress how amazing this book is, and I wish for more books like this one. Add it to your to-read shelf if you haven’t already, because this book is a must read. Pure amazing-ness. And the cover? Gorgeous as well. A must have addition to your bookshelf
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account