Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Seventeen year old Pierce knows what happens to us when we die. That's how she met John Hayden, the mysterious stranger who's made returning to normal life-or at least life as Pierce knew it before the accident-next to impossible. Though she thought she escaped him-starting a new school in a whole new place-it turns out she was wrong. He finds her.

What does John want from her? Pierce thinks she knows...just like she knows he's no guardian angel, and his dark world isn't exactly heaven. But she cant' stay away from him either, especially since he's always there when she least expects it, but exactly when she needs him most. But if she lets herself fall any further, she might find herself back in the place she fears the most. And when Pierce discovers the shocking truth, that's exactly where John sweeps her: The Underworld.

I don't even know where to begin with this book. I absolutely loved it! I could not put it down, for anything. Meg Cabot is a master of writing, that's all I have to say.

This book is a modern day take on the Greek myth of Persephone. You might remember the story, Hades kidnaps her and makes her stay with him in the Underworld. In this story we have Pierce, a normal girl with a normal family. One night she tries to save a bird from her pool and accidentally falls in, and drowns. While she is 'dead' Pierce meets John and her "life" as she knows it will never be the same. Pierce escapes the Underworld and comes back to the "real" world but her life will never be the same. Her parents are divorcing, her mother wants to move and John keeps showing up.

I cannot give enough praise for this book. I wish I could go back and read it for the first time again, and again, and again. I absolutely cannot wait for the sequel, and I won't wait patiently. A strong 5/5 for this gem!

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account