Review Detail

4.1 3
Young Adult Fiction 221
Intense action, mystery, suspense and magic!!
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
A Shadow Bright and Burning....IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I opened this book and literally did not put it down except to sleep and eat...literally...I was completely and utterly obsessed with every page in this amazing book.....and that cover?? Breath-taking...a perfect cover for a perfect book.

Jessica Cluess has written a phenomenal fantasy story that focuses on a KICK ASS female heroine who is the one and only female sorcerer in many years to appear and who is perceived to be the savior everyone needs to conquer the evil monsters in this thrilling young adult fantasy that reminds me so much of the Jane Austin era....with a twist of Harry Potter...yes I said it...Harry Potter...need I say more?? OBSESSED!!!!
One of my favorite parts of the story is the creatures...good and bad...and some oh so lovable...(remember Dobby)

I loved how this amazing heroine comes from a poor background and is just trying to survive in the world when her entire life changes and she is thrust into English society where women are expected to wear petticoats and be proper.....and Henrietta Howell is anything but proper....(*LOVE*)
Henrietta begins to train with a entire group of boys and has to prove she deserves to be a sorcerer as much as they do.

There are so many amazing characters in this story and I found myself equally enamored with each different character and couldn't wait to read more about them. SO much amazing character development throughout this book and it just keeps me begging to read more!

There are so many secrets to be revealed (some heartbreaking and some amazing) and twists that will make your jaw drop...When I say I cannot wait to get my hands on the sequel....I MEAN IT!!!! If you are a fan of intense action, mystery, suspense, and fantasy then you HAVE to add this to your TBR list!!!! One of the best books I have read this year....just PHENOMENAL!!!!!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 1

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account