N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Katie

I had to read this book for summer reading for Advanced English the summer before my freshman year. Usually when I have to read a book for school I don't like it. However, this one I did enjoy because I understood what was going on. Also things were fairly clarified after watching the movie, which I also recommend. This book is a representation of a trasnformation from youth to adulthood. Gene befriends Phineas and they start a club in which you have to jump out of a tree into the river. During this stunt, Finny shatters his leg and can no longer play sports which are very dear to him. This is where the transformations start and this soon leads to Finny's next accident in which he falls down the stairs and shatters his leg again, also mcausing his death. After this tragic experience, the is a huge transformation in Gene. This book has a lot of intensity in it. I highly recommend reading it and really taking it to heart. I think one of the most important things to take from A Separate Peace is to not take life for granted and to really give some thought to the things you do. You never know which breath is your last until its too late.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account