N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Manda

I stumbled upon Libba Bray while perusing the YA section at my local Bookman's.  As being one who normally chooses new books by their interesting covers, I was immediately drawn to A Great and Terrible Beauty.  It being a New York Times Bestseller didn't hurt either.  A Great and Terrible Beauty is Libba Bray's debut novel and I have to say she hit the ball out of the park.  A Great and Terrible Beauty is the story of Gemma Doyle and her dealings at a private school in London after tragedy befalls her family.  Gemma finds herself with powers beyond her control and a mysterious boy on her tail.  The mixture of magic, romance, and teen angst that fills this book will have you dying for more.  I love the voice of Gemma Doyle and the way Libba Bray makes you want to be apart of her world.  You feel a need to be a part of her normal life at Spence Academy while also in the fictional world of magic and mayhem.  When this book came to an end I was dying to move onto the sequel Rebel Angels.  Libba Bray will take you on a wild ride in A Great and Terrible Beauty and you'll be ready for more.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account